Optimizing Network Performance!
WiBAS™, a carrier-grade Point-to-MultiPoint native Ethernet microwave product line, perfectly fits demanding operator backhaul and access needs. Specially designed for high-speed multi-service applications, WiBAS™ offers a wide service area footprint reaching distant underserved areas and locations lacking telecommunications infrastructure.
WiBAS™ optimally addresses today's requirements for Fixed Mobile Convergence (FMC) and smooth migration to Next Generation networks. With a powerful core engine and fieldproven reliability, WiBAS™ provides significant CapEx & OpEx savings to operators regarding the backhaul of their mobile (2G / 3G / LTE) networks, and opens up new horizons to reach corporate customers and boost revenue. Employing today's most advanced technologies, WiBAS™ enables a wide range of profitable business plans, providing a key differentiator of operator success.
- Market-leading modulation (1024-QAM) and radio throughput.
- Unique software-defined platform (OSDR) for flexible last-mile MW topologies.
- Future-proof all-outdoor IP MW solution for LTE-A capacity & Ethernet functionality requirements.
- Ideal for 3G+/4G last-mile backhaul and LTE all-outdoor small cells.
- Cost-efficient zero-footprint IP transmission for utilities, outside plants and rural communication networks.
- Powerful end-to-end service & network management.
- Up to 60% CapEx savings compared to Point-to-Point deployment costs in urban environments.
- Various SLA commitments (capacity / availability / QoS) for meeting corporate access requirements.
- Significant CapEx & OpEx savings during network evolution and expansion.
- One-off regulator license throughout the product's lifecycle.
- Optimum utilization of network resources.
WiBAS™ offers high performance and powerful characteristics that open up unlimited capabilities for the operator:
- State-of-the-art IP connectivity in demanding HetNet backhaul applications
- Single-carrier, FDD - TDMA, PtMP system (IEEE 802.16)
- Industry-leading throughputs up to 540 Mbit/s per sector (net).
- Software-defined radio (PtMP Hub, PtMP Terminal or PtP Unit)
- Proven multi-service platform for packet-based and legacy services.
- Full Outdoor units
- Power Over Ethernet.
- Terminal Stations capable of delivering full sector capacity
- Low latency for delay-sensitive transmission
- Exceptional system performance, full QoS support and carrier-grade protection mechanisms that ensure continuous, robust services to end users.
- Full range of compact, energy-efficient and lightweight outdoor units with integrated high-gain antennas (developed in house) to facilitate and accelerate the installation at the Base Station and the Terminal Stations.
- Operation at 10.5 / 26 / 28 / 32 / 42 GHz frequency bands
- Hitless adaptive modulation uo to 1024-QAM
- Channel size from 7 MHz to 56 MHz.
- LDPC and Reed Solomon FEC for robust operation.
- 1+1 Protection
- Packet Classification per Interface / VLAN ID / P-Bits / DSCP / IPv6 TC / MPLS EXP or combinations
- Data Policing: 2 Rate 3 Color per interface / VLAN / Ethernet CoS
- 2-stage hierarchical scheduling of Service Flows established between
- HUB and Terminals
- 8 queue packet Scheduling supporting the following schemes
- Strict Priority (SP)
- Weighted Round Robin (WRR)
- Hybrid (Strict Priority (SP) and Weighted Round Robin (WRR))
- Air scheduling of CoS enabled service flows:
- Unsolicited Grant Service (UGS)
- Real-Time Variable Rate (rtVR), four sub-classes
- Non-Real Time Variable Rate (nrtVR), four sub-classes
- Best-Effort (BE) Service without guaranteed rate, four sub-classes
- Synchronous Ethernet (ITU-T G.8261 / G.8262. G.8264 (ESMC))
- IEEE 1588v2 TC
- Managed by state-of-the-art element / network / service unified management suite (uni|MS).
- G.826 statistics for radio paths.
- RMON statistics for Gigabit Ethernet ports.
- Historical performance data on element.
The typical applications for WiBAS™ range from demanding backhaul to cost-effective broadband access:
Mobile Backhauling (2G to LTE)
WiBAS™ ideally fits the backhauling needs of mobile operators for the following reasons:
- Less equipment needed - a single Base Station can serve multiple Terminals.
- CapEx / OpEx efficient - less equipment for less acquisition and running costs.
- Environmentally & society friendly - discrete equipment of low power consumption.
- Expandable & scalable solution - expansion of the network requires only the addition of Terminals.
- Multi-purpose - same equipment can serve both backhaul applications and corporate customers.
- Robust - reduced points of failure with carrier-grade protection capabilities.
Broadband Access Networking
WiBAS™ is the perfect wireless broadband access solution for ISPs and mobile / fixed operators, also enabling the delivery of modern IP connectivity services to corporate customers, inclusive of:
- Enterprise customers with widely-spread premises.
- Corporate customers in industrial estates.
- Educational institutions, campuses and communities in dense areas.
- Private networks (primary or backup).
- Banks (ATMs, branches and offices).
- Governmental / organizational bodies in urban areas.
- Utilities / public companies with data communication needs.
- Several IP applications (cameras, telemetry, etc.).
- Areas lacking infrastructure and other alternatives.
For all the aforementioned applications, WiBAS™ offers a series of significant benefits:
- Rapid deployment - just adding Terminals at the customer premises.
- Easy installation - compact and plug n' play equipment.
- Secure - private networking using encryption.
- Optimum spectrum utilization taking advantage of statistical gains and hitless adaptive modulation mechanisms.
The main technical characteristics of the WiBAS-OSDR all-outdoor PtMP solution are listed below:
- 10.5 / 26 / 28 / 32 / 42 GHz
- Gigabit Ethernet, electrical (RJ-45) for traffic, in-band management and Power over Ethernet.
- Gigabit Ethernet, optical (SFP) for traffic and in-band management.
- Fast Ethernet (RJ-45) for outband management and Power over Ethernet.
- RSSI port (BNC).
- System interconnection port (RJ-45) for 1+1 protection.
Power Supply Options
- Power over Ethernet (PoE) injector for use with AC power supply sources:
- AC input range: 90 V to 264 V / 47 Hz to 63 Hz
- PoE support according to IEEE 802.3at-2009, Amendment 3, September 11, 2009
- Power on Ethernet (PonE) injector for use with DC power supply sources:
- DC input range: -40.5 V to -60 V
Power Consumption, Typical
- 43 W (10.5/ 26 / 28 GHz)
- 39 W (32 / 42 GHz)
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 290 mm x 238 mm x 96 mm (11 GHz to 42 GHz)
- Weight: 4.3 kg
WiBAS™ realizes any deployment scenario by enabling flexible cost-effective Base Station sectorization using in-house designed and manufactured sector 90° and 180° antennas:
- High-performance 90° antennas
- 19 dB gain, 3° elevation beam
- Standard-performance antennas
- 15 dB gain, 9° elevation beam (90° antennas)
- 12 dB gain, 10° elevation beam (180° antennas)
Full (360°) cell coverage can be implemented using two WiBAS™ hubs and two sector antennas.
- Full set of integrated parabolic antennas are available for the WiBAS Terminal Stations from 0.3m up to 1.2m