Multi-Gigabit Agile MW Transmission
OmniBAS™ OSDR is the all-outdoor unit of OmniBAS™ microwave (MW) product family, addressing the operator need for cost-effective, all-outdoor Gigabit IP transmission solutions. This unit is based on the unique OSDR (Outdoor Software Defined Radio) platform, which offers state-of-the-art IP connectivity in Point-to-Point (PtP) and Point-to-MultiPoint (PtMP) configurations. Depending on customer-selected software, the OSDR platform operates as an all-outdoor next-generation PtP radio, a PtMP terminal or a PtMP base station / hub, providing at the same time perfect synergy with the newest Intracom Telecom portfolio of products comprising the OmniBAS™, StreetNode™, WiBAS™ and uni|MS™ families.
OmniBAS™ OSDR, representing the PtP realization of OSDR platform, supports market-leading modulations up to 4096-QAM and employs advanced Ethernet and traffic processing functionality to demonstrate exceptional MW radio performance.
Being compatible with OmniBAS™ split-mount (IDU - ODU) links and also being manageable through the same powerful uni|MS™ system, OmniBAS™ OSDR offers unparalleled deployment flexibility for a wide variety of applications such as backhauling of heterogeneous networks (HetNets).
- Market-leading modulation (4096-QAM) and radio throughput.
- Unique software-defined platform (OSDR) for flexible last-mile MW topologies.
- Future-proof all-outdoor Gigabit IP MW solution for advanced MW transmission requirements.
- Ideal for 4G+/5G last-mile backhaul and all-outdoor small cells.
- Cost-efficient zero-footprint IP transmission for utilities, outside plants and rural communication networks.
- Powerful end-to-end service & network management.
Being integral part of the OmniBAS™ MW portfolio, OmniBAS™ OSDR offers market-leading radio performance, excessive IP capacity and advanced traffic handling and control functionality.
Radio Features & Configurations
- Hitless adaptive modulation (4-QAM to 4096-QAM)
- Channels up to 112 MHz (OSDR-W version)
- Leading, full-duplex 555/1110 Mbit/s radio throughput over a single 56/112 MHz channel.
- Excessive full-duplex 880/1760 Mbit/s line rate over a single 56/112 MHz channel.
- Pre-Distortion (PD) for extended range support and high availability even at higher modulations.
- LDPC and Reed Solomon FEC for robust operation.
Ethernet Features, QoS
- Advanced traffic handling & QoS:
- IEEE 802.1Q (Virtual LAN) & IEEE 802.1p (QoS)
- IEEE 802.1ad (provider bridging, Q in Q)
- Packet classification per VLAN / P-Bits / DSCP / MPLS exp / IPv6 QoS
- Eight QoS queues with configurable queue size
- Two-rate, three-color policer (2R3CP)
- SP / WRR / WFQ scheduling
- WRED conjestion control
- Egress traffic shaping per-port
- Effecient IFG / PRE & MAC header suppression
- Jumbo frames 9,600 bytes
- Encryption AES 256 as specified by FIPS-197
- MEF 9 & MEF 14 compliant for EPL, EVPL and ELAN
- IEEE 802.1w (RSTP)
- Ethernet Ring Protection (ITU-T G.8032v2)
- H-QoS (CE 2.0)
- BNM (G.8013/Y.1731) - Bandwidth Notification Message
- System synchronization:
- Synchronous Ethernet (ITU-T G.8261 / G.8262. G.8264 (ESMC))
- IEEE 1588v2
- Efficient Ethernet OAM , for end-to-end management.
- IEEE 802.1ag (CFM), ITU-T Y.1731 (PM), IEEE 802.3ah (EFM)
- Managed by state-of-the-art element / network / service unified management suite (uni|MS).
- Embedded Web Node Manager
- G.826 statistics for radio paths.
- RMON statistics for Gigabit Ethernet ports.
OmniBAS™-OSDR implements a large variety of network topologies for meeting the transmission requirements of:
- Last-mile mobile 3G / 4G / 5G IP backhaul networks.
- All-outdoor small-cell LTE deployments.
- All-outdoor IP MW transmission networks for Competitive Local Exchange Carriers (CLECs).
- Zero-footprint IP transmission for utilities, outside plants and rural communication networks.
The main technical characteristics of the OmniBAST-OSDR all-outdoor IP MW solution are listed below:
Operation Frequencies & Models
- 10.5 / 13 / 15 / 18 / 23 / 26 / 28 / 32 / 38 GHz (OSDR version)
- 18 / 28 / 38 GHz (OSDR-W version)
- 26 / 42 GHz (OSDR-S version)
- 7 / 8 GHz (future releases)
- Channel sizes 7 / 14 / 28 /56 MHz (all versions) & 112 MHz (OSDR-W)
- Gigabit Ethernet, electrical (RJ-45) for traffic, in-band management and Power over Ethernet.
- Gigabit Ethernet, optical (SFP) for traffic and in-band management (2.5 Gbit/s capable in OSDR-W).
- Fast Ethernet (RJ-45) for outband management and Power over Ethernet.
- RSSI port (BNC).
- System interconnection port (RJ-45) for 1+1 / 2+0 OSDR configurations.
Power Supply Options
- Power over Ethernet (PoE) injector for use with AC power supply sources:
- AC input range: Nominal 110 V to 240 V (tested 99 V to 255 V), 50 Hz to 60 Hz
- PoE support.
- Power on Ethernet (PonE) injector for use with DC power supply sources:
- Nominal - 48 V (tested -40.5 V to -60 V)
- OmniBAS IDUs with PonE-enabled interfaces (OmniBAS-4P) or PonE modems (OmniBAS-8W)
Power Consumption, Typical
- 43 W (10.5 GHz to 28 GHz)
- 40 W (32 GHz)
- 41 W (38 GHz)
- 39 W (42 GHz)
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 290 mm x 238 mm x 96 mm (11 GHz to 42 GHz)
- Weight: 4.3 kg (11 GHz to 42 GHz)
Antennas, Couplers & Other Accessories
- Full set of integrated PtP antennas, couplers and other accessories also available for split-mount OmniBAS™ ODUs.