Monetize the IoT potential
Internet of Things is a revolutionary and fast growing technology embracing a wide range of domains including Logistics, Transportation, Retail, Utilities, Healthcare and Security. It provides all the means to capture an event (e.g. temperature, inventory level, etc.) generated by remote end-points (e.g. meter, vehicle, pump etc.) and relay it through the network to a managing application (e.g. Parking Management).
The IoT potential lies with its prospect of enabling new business models and draw upon new revenue streams through the monetization of vertical & horizontal applications as well as the effective management of an ever expanding value chain. Emerging IoT industry creates a major disruption for Communication Service Providers (CSPs) but it also provides them with a unique opportunity to transform into Digital Services Providers (DSPs) rather than providing solely connectivity services. CSPs possess all the assets, capabilities and experience to assert a key role in the end-to-end IoT service offering.
NGINius-Charging™ for IoT is an innovative, flexible and cost-effective solution addressing end-to-end the IoT monetization challenges:
- Flexible pricing of processed IoT data and IoT applications' features
- Expansion & effective maintenance of the IoT supply chain
- Revenue sharing and SLA allocation to various partners
- Generation and seamless induction of new revenue streams
- Attracting the promising SMEs market through competitive offerings
- Updating existing billing/infrastructure in a cost effective way (e.g. passing only summaries of IoT transactions per billable account )
NGINius-Charging™ for IoT is capable of supporting diverged services, enabling cross-product offerings and management of IoT oriented tariff plans based on combination of multiple traditional and innovative metrics.
- End-to-end Revenue Management for the entire IoT ecosystem including "Smart Cities".
- Smart monetization of diverged vertical & horizontal IoT applications through innovative, dynamic pricing.
- Manage effectively all B2B, B2C and B2B2x models.
- Billing-On-Behalf-Of capability.
- Complex yet flexible Partner Management and partner policies including support for revenue sharing.
- Smooth integration with the existing operating environment and any existing IoT platform(s).
- Enables flexible, domain-specific IoT oriented pricing models (e.g., criteria based flat rate, pay-per-use) combining diverged metrics (e.g. volume, location, customer profile, application features)
- Supports real-time credit control from customer down to the device level
- Provides multi-tenancy to accommodate all B2B2x models
- Exposes a rich API
|Rating & Charging
- Definition & management of Tariff Plans that comprise multiple and diverged yet domain specific metrics
- Support for application features based charging
- Real-time credit control with usage threshold-based notifications & recharge capabilities
- Support for bundles for cross-product offerings bundling IoT and non IoT services (e.g. Fleet Management, Smart Parking, Telephony)
- Invoicing (optionally). It may be also integrated with external invoicing systems.
|IoT Partner Management
- Model any number of Partners
- Support for complex commissioning & revenue sharing schemes
- Allocate SLA across the supply/value chain
- Support for multiple settlement cycles
- Offer self care facilities to partners
- Generate detailed performance reporting per Partner and Customer down to the product and device levels
|Account Profile & Subscription Management
- Define & maintain customer profiles and subscriptions
- Manage all B2B2x supply models
- Support wallets of committed usage for a configurable period length
- Provide customers with behavior-driven rewards
- Expose rich API for integration with external systems (e.g. SIM Mgt, Self Care tools)
- Single O&M point with user/access management and logging/auditing capabilities
|IoT Product Catalogue
- Flexible definition & lifecycle management of IoT Services/Products and custom offerings
- Management & generation of various IoT oriented recurring and non-recurring fees
- Smooth introduction of new verticals to enrich portfolio
- Rich API for integration with external systems (e.g. CRM)
Depending on the CSP needs, NGINius-Charging for M2M can offer the following add-on modules:
- IoT/M2M Portal
- Order Management
- Policy Management
- M2M Gateway / M2M APIs Exposure