Desktop as a Service (DaaS) enables organizations to deliver a consistent end-user desktop that maintains security requirements across different locations and different devices like traditional personal computers, notebooks, tablets and smart phones. In this way, DaaS users can better utilize their current assets, accommodate growth and at the same time achieve lower total cost of ownership (TCO) of their desktop environment. The virtual desktop is implemented by a virtual machine that is running remotely but relative to the end user and achieves business continuity in a cost effective fashion.
Basic: It is a low cost desktop service targeting simple task workers with light computing loads and no customization needs. The desktops are assigned to users from a shared desktop pool. Any changes made to the desktop environment disappear after user logs out.
Premium: a service flavor targeting information workers with medium up to high computing loads. The desktops are assigned to each user separately and are not accessible by other users. Any changes made to the desktop environment remain after the user logs out.
RemoteApp: This service offering is available on Basic offering (described above) and provides application only delivery (e.g CRM).
- Fully customizable desktop experience
- Elastic scalability in desktop delivery
- Cost-effective desktop delivery model
- Single pane of management
- Enterprise compartmentalization for BYOD
- Coupling with BaaS for enhanced data protection
- Coupling with SecaaS for enchanced security controls
- Ultimate desktop mobility - Anywhere, Any Device
- Extended credentials and security policies
- Full enterprise integration
- Multiple desktop OS and application support
- Business continuity for end user Computing
Desktop as a Service addresses small, medium or large organizations that need to support multiple devices and at the same time improve security, offload desktop management and reduce TCO. The major driving force for DaaS is the adoption of bring your own device (BYOD) policy.